The Promise of illumigene® empowers your lab with
the speed and accuracy of molecular testing.
delivers the power of molecular
technology in a simplified and affordable format. Meridian Bioscience has employed
Loop-Mediated Isothermal Amplification (LAMP) technology to design and manufacture
™, a compact, automated detection
system with a very simple assay process that is the heart of illumigene®
Based on feedback from hundreds of laboratory professionals, illumigene®
is the molecular diagnostic system clinical labs have been waiting for.
Learn more about innovative LAMP technology
- Simple procedure with a smaller footprint
- Faster and More Flexible
- More cost-effective
possible for any laboratory—regardless of space, personnel, or budget limitations—to
implement molecular diagnostic capabilities.
Simpler and Smaller
The simple 7-step sample preparation process takes less than 2 minutes of hands-on
time per sample. The illumipro-10
™ offers walk-away
automation. When you place the sample into the illumipro-10
and press the “run” button, your work is done.
- No centrifugation, precision pipetting
- No thermal cycling
- No gel electrophoresis
Learn more about the illumipro-10™
Learn more about the illumigene® C.
difficile 7-step process
- Has a very small footprint—approximately the size of an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper
- Internal and external keyboard as well as an internal bar code reader for flexible
sample ID entry
- Provides continuous access while running up to 10 samples at a time in 2 independent
- Does not require an auxiliary computer
Faster and More Flexible
Because there is no thermal cycling, illumigene®
can provide results for up to 10 samples in less than an hour
Results are displayed directly on the illumipro-10
LED readout screen and can be printed out on the system printer. illumigene®
integrates easily into any facility, regardless of work volume or staff
More Cost Effective
- Flexibility to stop and restart the assay procedure
- Adaptable to single sample or batch processing
- Optional work station adapts to any user or work flow
lab to add molecular diagnostics without additional costs for labor, training, and
capital equipment. In your lab, illumigene®
- Less than 2 minutes hands-on time per sample
- Minimal labor requirement
- Low maintenance with no additional service costs and 24-hour equipment replacement
- Reduced waste disposal costs from environmentally friendly, mercury-free process
Add illumigene® Capability
to Your Lab
technology that is simple, fast, and affordable. It puts molecular diagnostics within
the reach of every lab.
For more information or to order your illumigene®
System, call: 800-543-1980.